Monday, January 3, 2011

Bread

First off let me say what the ark is doing this month is all god, no man. He's here. 24/7 is the way its supposed to be.

Anyways, I came to pray yesterday at the ark and before I got started I was talking with some friends about eating. Someone said something and all I heard was the word bread and immediately my spirit jumped. So during prayer I started praying about bread and reading about it.

One scripture in particular caught my eye. Its the 6th chapter of john. in it jesus feeds the 5000. typical church story but it spoke to me different than ever before. He first asks his disciples how can we feed these people when one recommends the young boy. He gives instructions to distribute then gather the leftovers.

Later in the chapter those people find jesus asking him how to work the lords work. He pretty much just says just to believe and feed upon the bread.

About that time during prayer I noticed that the prayer focus was to pray for the lords presence all week.

Today the lord brought the last chapter of john to my mind which I have already written about. Pretty much jesus askes peter three times do you love me and everytimpeter said yes jesus responded feed my sheep.

The lord started pouring out revelation immediately. That last chapter is such a beautiful picture of the lords presence. When he's around he feeds. It happens both of these times and many more. But in john 6 he lets his disciples know don't waste my bread which is his presence. Pick up what's left and give it to those who need. I feel this what peter was to do also. Jesus was saying, I'm feeding you bread and fish now you take what I've given you and feed my sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment